Shumaker Industries manufactures all new drums for all types of concrete mixer trucks including both front and rear discharge mixers of any make. Our drums are built by experienced craftsmen using quality steel from domestic mills which makes Shumaker drums the best in the business.
Listed below are the standard specifications of every drum we make, the drum thickness options for both rear discharge and front discharge mixers, and other options from which to choose. You can also have us build a custom drum just the way you want it.
- 100% of plate steel milled in the USA.
- True thickness steel (3/16”=.187, 1/4”=.250).
- Shell and fins from AR 200 manganese steel.
- All new ¼” one-piece pressed dished head.
- One-piece pressed blades with weep holes for quality mixing and easier cleanup.
- Solid machined roller track.
- Automated submerged arc welding of outside seams which reduces blow-through while maintaining excellent weld finish.
- One bolt-on square manhole (front discharge two manholes). Round, quick-open manhole optional
- Shot blasted and electrostatically primed using a gray universal primer.
- Installation or delivery of the drum.
Drum Steel Options:
All 3/16” steel thickness option
The shell and blades of the drum are fabricated from our specialty 3/16” AR steel. You still get the all new 1/4” dished head and the mixing blades will also be fabricated from our 1/4” AR steel.
Front half 1/4” option
This option is unique to Shumaker replacement drums. With this option you get 1/4” AR steel for the blades and shell in the front two (2) sections of the drum. The rest of the drum is of 3/16” AR steel. The front half 1/4” steel option gives you thicker steel in the high wear areas of the drum giving you the durability and long-life of an all 1/4” drum while saving money and overall weight. Available on rear discharge mixers.
All 1/4” option
The shell and blades of the drum are fabricated from our specialty 1/4” AR steel.
Rebar, divider blades (anti-surge blades), manholes (quick-open or bolt-on), front water injection, lifting hooks and paint are features we can add to your drum.